In this SAP FICO tutorial, the readers will learn the step-by-step process to define a new UI Object Type in their SAP system with proper screenshots.
What is UI Object Type?
The UI of object type allows users to create, modify, or delete UI object types from the existing business object layer using a web-based UI, independent of the BOL.
How to Define UI Object Type in SAP?
Please follow the steps below to define a new UI Object Type in your SAP system:
Execute t-code SPRO in the SAP Command Field and press Enter to execute it.
On the next screen click the SAP Reference IMG button to proceed to the next screen.
Now navigate to the following SAP IMG path:
Financial Accounting > Services > UI Framework > UI Framework Definition > Define UI Object Types
Next on the Change View "Object Type": Overview screen you will see a list of previously defined UI Object Types on your SAP system.
Next, click the New Entries button to create a new Status Profile in your SAP CO system.
Next update the following details as shown in the image below:
- Object Type: Select the Object Type
- Description: Enter the description for the new object type
- Callback Class: This field is not available generic object types. A user can make changes in this optional field for specific object types. This class is an implementation of interface IF_BSP_DLC_OBJ_TYPE_CALLBACK and is used for the definition of sub-object types.
- GenIL Component Name: You can make changes in this optional field to define the name of the associated generic interaction layer (genIL) component.
- BOL Object Name: You can make changes in this optional field to define the BOL object associated with the object type. This object must be at the root level.
- BOR Object Type: This field is not available for generic object types. You can make changes in this optional field to define the BOR object type under which this UI object type falls.
- Extensible BO: This parameter is not available for generic object types.
Once all the details have been entered click the Save button to save the configuration of the new UI Object type.
Now select your Customization Request id and press Enter to proceed.
A message Data was saved will be displayed on the bottom of your screen.
You have successfully defined a new UI Object Type in the SAP FICO system.